Do you find that you’re often tired, miserable and unproductive throughout the day? It may be time for you to make a change to your bedtime habits to ensure you’re getting the best sleep possible. The quality of your nightly rest is key to ensuring you’re happy, productive and full of energy throughout the day.
Everyone is different when it comes to sleep, in terms of the number of hours needed, and what you need in order to fall asleep. Whether you need 6 or 8 hours of sleep, or you require the sound of the ocean to soothe you, consistency is key.
Here are some tips to ensure you’re always well rested:
1. Wake up at the same time everyday – If you wake up before or after your regular time, you’ll tend to feel more tired
2. Control your napping – If you need to nap during the day, keep it to 20 minutes. You’ll wake up feeling refreshed and it won’t affect your ability to fall asleep at night.
3. Create a bedtime ritual – Some people read, others listen to music. Find out what works for you and only do it right before you sleep to get your body in a routine.
4. Avoid caffeine and sugar at bedtime – This should be an obvious one. Swap the pop or coffee for a glass of water.
5. Dim the lights – Avoid bright light in the evening to get your body prepared to fall asleep
Changing your mood and energy level is as easy as making these simple changes to your sleep schedule. Start to take your sleep seriously and you’ll wake up feeling good and looking good.